Sunday, April 13, 2008

Andy Knight R.I.P.

You never think you'll read about this kind of thing when it's about someone you know. I STILL can't believe it. When I read an e-mail that I received on Thursday afternoon, I was shocked to say the least. Andy Knight died from a stroke at the age of 46. He was the director of Red Rover, a studio here in Toronto. I remember Andy giving me the opportunity to join the studio. When I walked in and saw some of the talent he assembled, I was floored. Andy's talent was incredible. I'm remembering how easily he could draw something, it made me think of Robert McKimson's drawing style. Andy was laid back, easy to talk to, and loved a good laugh....and a good drink. Naturally I felt at home. There are some great memories I have of Red Rover...the "beer fridays", the laughter at the studio, the Charlotte Room pool nights, the friendly atmosphere, the boat trip to St. Catherine's with the studio....DAMN great memories. A class act, a great guy, I'm very honored to have worked with you Andy. My heart goes out to his wife Linzi and their 3 kids. I don't know what else to say. Rest in peace Andy. You'll be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home